Tuesday 19 October 2010

Qutb Brizzle




First work of the Fine Art Degree, I got together with a few other babes and we formed a temporary Art Collective, distributing our art around the city of Bristol. It was using the city as our 'gallery' and allowing the public passing by to make the judgement of whether it is 'Art', or just some random misc crap...
In my work I used some of the MILLIONS of flyers that Bristol has zooming around, plus my photos from the Qutb Minar in Delhi. Playing around with the concept of context, I smeared Islamic Arabic Script on top of the flyers... A lil peace of ancient Delhi history being distributed around Bristol!

This work was done a month ago, and this week I found one of my flyers still knocking around one of the cafes I left it in... Pretty sweet.

















No comments:

Post a Comment